Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The White House - As I remember it...

The white house had two entrances, a front entrance and a side entrance. The front entrance was up several steps and had a small porch. There were small bushes on both sides of the porch that looked like small pine trees. The front entrance went into a small front room that had two beautiful puke green couches with flowers on them. As you were leaving the front room you could go left into the kitchen. At the end of the kitchen was the side entrance. On the wall of the kitchen was a large green phone ( Dad and Mom must have liked green ). If you continued straight out of the front room you would run into the stairs which went half way down straight and then turned left for the last half. Left of the stairs was my bedroom, but I am not sure where the bathroom or master bedroom was upstairs. They must have been to the right.

At the bottom of the stairs was a room that was eventually used as a bedroom for Phil and I. Dad made two beds for phil and I which were really cool because they had two big openings underneith them that were meant for our toys, but that we used more often for hiding in. There was also a family room somewhere down there with a small room off of it that Dad used for his office.

Outside there was a white detached garage/shed at the end of the driveway. Next to it was our back yard and then there was a fence with a gate that went into our garden which was very big and I believe was an empty lot that came with the house. I remember corn and beans being grown in the garden and am sure more was grown as well but I cannot remember what.

These are all the memories I have of how our old house was setup.

2 comments:

Robin said...

I don't know why my comments won't show, so this one may not either. You got most everything right except that the stairs turned right. And you only slept upstairs until you were 4 when we put you downstairs in the room that was to the right of the stairs. And do you remember the shower in the storage room?

Pat said...

Now that you mention it that makes sense that the stairs turned right. I didnt remember the shower in the storage room until you wrote this. Now I can picture it. I never liked to shower in it because it was cold and I thought the floor was gross.