Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Selfish Me

One day in our old white house in Orem it had snowed a lot while I was at school. I remember walking home and being very excited about getting to play in the snow with my friends. When I got home Mom was cleaning her closet and she asked me if I could come and help her. I remember throwing a fit and telling her that I could not help her because I was going to go outside and play with my friends. I continued throwing my fit for several minutes until finally Mom said "Fine, go and play with your friends" and then she broke down crying and went to her room. At that point I lost all interest in playing with my friends and felt really bad for throwing the fit and just wanted to help Mom with her closet. She didnt want my help anymore though which made me feel even worse. Finally I ended up going out and playing with my friends. What is interesting about this memory is that I remember the song that was playing in the background through all of this. I am not sure who the artist is but it was called memories I believe and I still can hear the tune whenever I think of this memory.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I don't even remember that! Maybe I was just being a selfish mom.